The Daily Slovak News
Posted by on 30 Nov 2010. Filed under Current Affairs, Top news. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Around 8% of women have faced domestic violence

State secretary for the Ministry of Labour, social Affairs and Family, Lucia Nicholsonova, has released estimates that around 8% of females over the age of 15 have encountered some kind of domestic violence in their lives.

Talking on the subject, Nicholsonova explained how “this is around 150,000 women and girls, which is quite a disturbing figure”. She also expressed her concerns about how high the figure is in Roma settlements in East Slovakia in particular.

Nicholsonova informed that the Ministry had allocated EUR 4.7 million towards curbing domestic violence against women, with the state budget covering 20% of project costs while the European Social Fund would cover the remaining 80%.

Leave a Reply


Photo Gallery

The Daily.SK, Language Sense, s.r.o., Bratislava © 2010