The Daily Slovak News
Posted by on 23 Nov 2011. Filed under Current Affairs, Top news. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Five Australians Poisoned By Deadly Gas

A group of five Australians (2 adults, 3 children) had a lucky escape yesterday after they were poisoned by deadly gases at a rented house while on holiday in Piestany.

photo (c) James Riden

When the fire brigade arrived they found two unconscious bodies on the ground floor and three upstairs. All five victims were rushed to hospital.

The firefighters then made sure everything was off before testing the house for gases. The most likely cause of the toxic vapours is the fireplace in the house, but it could have been related to a gas appliance. The Australians should all be okay, but will have a special memory of their holiday in Slovakia.

Leave a Reply


Photo Gallery

The Daily.SK, Language Sense, s.r.o., Bratislava © 2010