Posted by on 14 Dec 2010. Filed under Current Affairs, Top news. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

State will fund private and church schools

Parliament passed a revision to the law today that will allow private schools and schools run by the church to receive as much as 88% of the financing given to state-run schools. This basically puts them on the same level, as the remaining 12% is for capital expenditures, which private schools clearly have to cover from their own funds.

The revision received massive support in parliament, with 110 of 150 present MPs voting in favour of the move. SaS MP Marian Poliacik, who was one of those to submit the draft revision said “We did a great thing in parliament today”.

Earlier in the year private schools were shaking that they might lose the funding, but now they will get full funding for wages and other related operating costs.

Leave a Reply

*

Photo Gallery

The Daily.SK, Language Sense, s.r.o., Bratislava © 2010