Welcome to TheDaily.SK, your community news site! We encourage and welcome your participation in comment threads on the website www.TheDaily.sk (The Daily). In order to keep the experience a positive one for all our users, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below. By submitting comments to this blog, you are consenting to these rules, which you should respect or your user account may be blocked:
- Comments Policy: Please read all of the Comments Policy before posting a comment. Remember that you are responsible for any comments that you make regarding people or businesses.
- Liability: You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post and for any comments you make regarding people or businesses. You may not post content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party’s right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. Furthermore, you should not post content that degrades or intimates others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification. By posting material on blog comments, you represent that you have the legal right to reproduce, adapt, display, and distribute this material to others. The Daily will not be held responsible for posted comments that may infringe on a third party’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights. By submitting a comment on The Daily, you agree that the comment content is your own, and that The Daily and all subsidiaries and representatives will not be subject to any and all repercussions, damages, or liability thereof.
- User registration form: The comment form should be filled in with a proper or legitimate sounding name and URL. Comments using keywords, spam or splog-like URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form will be edited or deleted.
- Email privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared.
- Commenter privacy and protection: All email, snail mail, phone numbers, and any private and personal information posted in any comment will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the commenter or others. To prevent such editing, never share this private information on comments.
- Language and manners: This blog is intended to be “family friendly” and comments that include offensive or inappropriate language, or that are considered by blog owner and administrator to be rude and offensive, will be edited or deleted. Play nice.
- A comment is a conversation: A comment that does not add to the conversation, runs off at an inappropriate tangent or kills the conversation, may be edited, moved, or deleted.
- Limit links: This blog is setup to automatically hold any blog comment including a link for moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing on this blog or it being marked as spam.
- How The Daily will respond: Comments on this blog will only be responded to in direct response to the blog comment. The blog owner may write to the commenter directly by email in order to keep the conversation private if this is deemed the best way to respond to some comment, give instruction on how to use the site properly, or to caution the commenter that the account may be blocked if rules are not abided by.
- What to do if your comment does not appear: If you leave a comment on The Daily and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate this Comments Policy, contact the blog owner (staff@TheDaily.sk).
- Don’t make personal attacks on specific people: In the interest of fair play, no abusive personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but should not attack The Daily or any commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog could result in removal and blocked access.
- Comment spam: Any comment assumed to be possible comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam. This will block also future posts from the same source.
- Commenter blocked: Anyone who violates this Comments Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on this blog.
- All rights reserved: The blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor, and/or author reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments as deemed fit. They also have the right to block access to any individual or group from commenting.
- Liability waiver: All comments posted on this blog are the responsibility of the commenter, not the blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor, or author. By submitting a comment on The Daily, you agree that the comment content is your own, and that the sites and all subsidiaries and representatives will not be subject to any and all repercussions, damages, or liability thereof.
- Trackbacks are comments: All trackbacks will be treated in line with our Comments Policy.
Please respect these rules, thank you. Happy reading!